Due Date Calculator
Am I Pregnant Quiz

Click below to send your question to Dr. Amy.

Keep in mind that you may be able to find the answers to your question by searching the Ask Dr. Amy Archive below the ad.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Missed a period at age 48

I am 48 years of age, this month for the first time ever (apart from pregnancy) I have no period, I had a tubal ligation 7 years ago so its unlikely I am pregnant. Can you help please?

P

Dear P,

The chances of pregnancy after a tubal ligation are very small, but they are not zero, so you should check a pregnancy test to be sure.

If a pregnancy test is negative, the most likely reason for missing your period is that you are approaching menopause. Menopause usually begins with increasingly irregular periods. Eventually (it could take years), you will have no periods at all. You can talk this over with your doctor.

Sincerely,
Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter